No SidebarThis template supports the unlimited sidebar's widgets.
For adding widgets to Portfolio sidebar Click Here
The project Spate Irrigation for Rural Economic Growth and Poverty Alleviation (SIREGPA) has started in January 2011 in four countries Sudan, Yemen, Ethiopia and Pakistan. It was a four year project. It was funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the leading partner was UNESCO-IHE, the Netherlands. The implementing organization in Sudan was the Hydraulic Research Center (HRC) of the Ministry of Water Resources and Electricity. SIREGPA aimed at improving livelihoods and agricultural productivity in spate irrigation systems in Sudan through different mechanisms namely by formation of communities of practitioners and professionals who are aware of the importance of the irrigation systems’ development. Additionally, SIREGPA focused on conducting applied research to identify and to solve the problems of spate irrigation in the country, with emphasis on the Gash Agricultural Scheme.
The main achievements of the project are:
- ♣ Strengthening the Sudanese spate irrigation network by issuing newsletters and distributing E-Learning course material to beneficiaries, participation in regional workshops for sharing and exchanging experience in spate irrigation systems, etc…
- ♣ Solutions oriented researches in areas of morphodynamics of the Gash river, contribution of Water Users Associations in Gash for better water management, economic analyses of the spate irrigation systems, optimal approach for the design and management of on field water distribution structures for a more productive Gash spate irrigated scheme, etc…
- ♣ Capacity building of considerable number of professionals in spate irrigation systems in addition to training of assisting staff involved in the project.
- ♣ Project management, organizing workshops, documentation, archiving and financial auditing.
- ♣ Cooperation with other governmental authorities, project partners and IFAD funded programs.
This project was one of the outcomes of the strategic partnership-setting meeting between the Minister of Irrigation and Water...
أثر مياه النيل على العلاقات السودانية المصرية ما بعد سد النهضة
تناولت الدراسة بشيء من التفصيل والتحليل أثر مياه النيل علي علاقات السودان ومصر ما بعد قيام سد النهضة الأثيوبي،...
Selection of the Nile gauging site upstream High Aswan Dam
As per a request from the Permanent Joint Technical Commission for Nile Water (PJTC), The Hydraulics Research Center (HRC)...
Mapping of Cropped Areas in Gezira Irrigation Scheme Using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques
Irrigation schemes in Sudan face many challenges. One of these challenges is to determine the actual cultivated area for...
Investigation of the Drainage Problems of Sabir Branch Protective Drain in New Halfa Irrigation Scheme
This study is intended to investigate the flooding problems of Sabir Branch Protective drain, where every year floods flowing...